Wednesday, April 8, 2009

AI and why im a stay-at-home-mommy


Okay, so here are my top two picks.  Now, this isnt to say they are the two personalities i like the best. Not even the top two albums i would buy. My two favorites would probably be Matt Giraud and Kris Allen. But Adam Lambert and Allison Iraheta are the two that I assume will make it to the finals based on how well they are doing and what I think the popular vote will be.  If they dont, no love loss here. :) Lambo is pretty good, tho. 

Just getting the girls ready to go to work today!  
Its an interesting task to start working for my husband in his office, and taking the girls with. They play on their own some, but they are children so at times they demand more attention than i can give when i am on the phone with clients or greeting patients. But someone asked me a few months ago if i ever felt like i wanted to go back to the workplace and take the kids to daycare just to get some "me time" or time away from them (for sanity purposes.) 
There are certainly plenty of times i feel like i could use a few hours of quiet. Maybe sometimes when i wish i could just get a little work done without someone crying or needing a drink or cleaning up a spill.  Sometimes when i see an entire bag of chips ground into the carpet or fresh marker on my white walls, yes an image of a calm, quiet day does sound appealing. But then i think about what i would be missing.  When they cry, they cry to someone else. When Sophia makes up a funny dance or says something hilarious, i wouldnt get to be the first witness. When Bella takes her first step, i might not be there.  The pictures they draw, the songs they sing.. it wont be me by their side when they do it. In 4 years my kids will be in school, and for 8 hours a day they will be gone and i cant do anything about that. But for right now, I am happy to be the primary caregiver of my own children. Money is the major bonus of working. If we are destitute tomorrow, i may not have any choice but to go back to work. But as long as we can pay our bills, i will stay at home with my children. I have my whole life to work, and only a few short (but meaningful) years left until my girls go to school... then college... then their own careers and marriages, etc.  So while my husband and i are blessed enough that i can stay home, i will.  Pictured below, the two lights of my life. 

 the end :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment