Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I Dream of Diapers

We have really been working on our diaper stockpile. I wish I was one of those people that could do the cloth diaper thing, but since I am always on the go, and will be working at least part time, there is just no way its going to happen. So, the old reliable disposable again. :)
There is no feeling quite like running out of diapers... and trust me, Ive been there a few times. I actually got the idea to do this from my brother and sister-in-law. They were super-prepared in the diaper realm by the time their baby arrived because they bought a package of diapers each time they went to the store. I am a procrastinator, so I did not follow that plan exactly. I am 30 weeks, and up until 29 weeks I only had 2 packages of Newborn size... so I knew I had to get cracking! Last week I was on Target.com and they offered free shipping (since I don't like anywhere near one.) Someone told me that the Target store brand worked a lot better than the Walmart store brand, and they were actually cheaper too. In the picture below, you can see the yield. 
I think I will need a few more packages of size 1, for sure. I have the most of size 2 & 3. Then I will need to start working on Size 4. To be honest, its been so long since I've had a baby I can't even remember what size they tend to be in the longest. Very interesting stuff, I know. But, it amuses me to no end, it really does. :)




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Target diapers...I have used them with both of my girls. You won't be disappointed. Good prep, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany is actually the one who told me about them.. must be a family secret! lol!

    ReplyDelete