Monday, September 12, 2011

The Couponing World

So, I am friends with several people on various social networking sites, and something I’ve recently been keeping tabs on is the people who are into ‘extreme couponing.’ I have never really wanted to take the time to clip coupons from the Sunday paper just to save .30 cents….. however, people have found a lot of ways to save WAY more than just that, nowadays. Its pretty cool. A lady in front of me at Save-A-Lot last week saved about 15$ just by handing the cashier 4 coupons at the end.

Anyway, today I was talking to a lady, lets call her JB (hello if you are reading this!!) and she showed me THIS picture…

WOW

Using various coupons she was able to get ALL THIS for only $5.50. I mean, come on…. Look at all that stuff! That is absolutely CRAZY! I let this picture she showed me, along with some info marinate…. and I decided to just try gathering some coupons and see what happened.

Lets just say I have a lot to learn. But, I was still pleased

mycoupongrab

This was my purchase, all of which only cost me about $45.00. (Now, bear in mind that the Keurig coffee packets 7.99, milk 3.49, Nutter Butter Cookies 2-something, and the garlic toast 2.79 were NOT on sale, and I did not have coupons for these… so that jacked up the price a little. Also Some of these items were just on sale this week, plus I had coupons for them and some I just had a coupon for. Overall, I was happy… I saved around $27, which was about half of my purchase price.

Basically, this is what I learned. I don't really want to put the time in to be an “extreme couponer’ , because I don't really want to spend all my evenings and weekends searching, clipping and printing coupons or get in a fight with the cashier over how many I can use at one time. I don't want to become obsessed with it, basically. BUT do think I will keep an out out for more coupons, and before I make a trip to the store maybe I will check out coupons.com or some of the other coupon sites. It really felt nice to save so much money on stuff that I would have bought anyway!

Check out this site: www.coupons.com

So there you have it… Im not an EXTREME COUPONER, more like a MEDIOCRE COUPONER. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment