Sunday, June 28, 2009

Why We Love Weekends

We all had a really, really fun weekend. Friday Brandon went golfing and then to Harrah's for the night with his dad and friends. The girls and I went and stayed with my parents. We went to Vacation Bible School, the park, grilled out, swam and relaxed... it was so much fun!

After VBS on Friday night, we took the girls to the park. Sophia played with her cousin Madelynn, and my parents got a first-hand look at just exactly how she feels about someone taking her out of the swing!!
On Saturday morning, my dad took Sophia to the Firehouse -bella was napping:( - and she got to see and sit in the fire trucks, wear a firehat, etc. she loved it! i dont know who had more fun sophia or gramps! :)
She also got to hear the sirens and see the lights, and see the inside of the ambulance.


right next door to the Firehouse is a Veterans Memorial which features members of my dads side of the family, which includes my dad's father and grandfather. and even more cool, is that the shields and the sheltons are both my relation and thanks to alphabetical order, they are next to each other... which makes for a great photo opportunity!
(jack shields=my grandfather, john shields= my great grandfather, sheltons= my uncles and cousins) Then after a delicious meal, (thanks mom and dad!) the girls and i headed home to get daddy so we could head to Brandons aunt and uncles. so i got home, re-packed the bags and we headed out again. we all had a wonderful time there, too. They prepared a very nice meal for us, and we sat outside and chatted while the kids were playing. it was nice to catch up with them.
they pretty much have a small amusement park in their backyard, sophia was jumping on the trampoline, rock climbing, sliding, swinging, dancing. the girls played with their cousins all night while brandon and i got to relax and visit. they even gave sophia a bath and got her ready for bed for me!


Sunday afternoon was relaxing a little napping (should have been cleaing,) a little watching sophia and bella swim (should have been doing laundry.)

Which brings me to the subject of my next blog: the abounding joy that a 3 ring pool brings to toddlers and parents alike!

No comments: